The sun has set, and after a long day you lay down for a good night’s sleep.  Some time later you wake up. There is an unseen source of pressure concentrated on your chest. With every breath, the weight gradually increases and your fear swells. Your eyes search, darting from left to right, as a shadow emerges from a dark corner of your room. The phantom’s shape resembles that of a human wearing a black cloak; your heart beats faster and faster as the dark mass comes closer. A purple hue emanates from around the creature and a noise that sounds like rushing air fills your ears. The sound becomes deafening. Instinctively the flight response hits and your body attempts to move away from danger, but you are paralyzed. You move just your eyes to see, and suddenly the menacing shadowy figure is next to the bed.

You try to break free, but to no avail. The unimaginable happens – this form rises from the floor and hovers over you; the weight becomes almost unbearable.  A morbidly-formed face appears from the depths of the shadow’s head. Fear takes over and frantically you attempt to scream again and again, but no sound escapes your lips. The shadow hangs over you for an eternity, then disappears.  The room falls silent, and you find that you can breathe and move again. Everything in your room is as it should be; the invader left no physical trace of the encounter.  Your limbs have gone limp, there is no strength left in you.  Remarkably your eyes seem to close on their own and you lay down, exhausted from the ordeal, and succumb to sleep.

This may sound extraordinary and even far fetched, but the events depicted above are very real – at least to the people who experience them every day. This phenomena is called a Hag Attack.

Now I know you are asking yourself “what kind of entity can do such a thing?” The answer to that question, dear readers, would be, a “psychic vampire”. This term is a bit broad though. A few different types of energy feeding vampires are clumped together under one title. To clarify my point, a physic vampire can be a living person who is fully aware of their actions, or someone that is completely unaware of what they are doing.  And then there is the non living ethereal psychic vampire, which we will cover a little later.

Individuals who are unintentionally feeding on aura energy are usually close friends or relatives of their victims. Attacks of this manner occur when someone close to the victim becomes ill, or is unable to replenish their own energies because of some biological abnormality.  Many state that the face that first appears to them is that of a loved one before morphing into something horrifying.  A theoretical explanation for this is that fear causes a severe and instant flare of a individual’s aura, thus releasing the sustenance (aura energy) a psychic vampire is after.  Like I stated before. these are vampires who consciously do not realize they are doing it.

The other kind of psychic vampire – the non-living variety – is said to be the most dangerous, mainly because these entities theoretically “need” to consume living energy in order to sustain their ethereal bodies, and have been known to attack the same victims on multiple occasions. Some accounts specify multiple events in a single month.

If a vampire wants to attack, he may attack any time you are sleeping or otherwise vulnerable, either evening hours, or daytime hours. If you suspect vampiric activity, you can protect yourself by purifying your sleeping area, meditating and using simple ritual magick.  What means will be most effective depends on the type of vampire.  Research should be done to achieve the best results.

It should also be noted that there is physiological phenomena called “sleep paralysis” that, according to scientists, can mimic two or more of the common traits associated with a hag attack. Sleep paralysis is caused by suddenly waking up from REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep. Physicians speculate that low levels of melatonin in the brain affect the neurons ability to send signals to the body’s skeletal muscles, thus making you temporarily paralyzed. Sleep paralysis may also cause hallucinations called “night terrors” that appear to be very lucid events and in some instances can be mistaken for paranormal experiences. Unfortunately the exact physiology of sleep paralysis is still unknown and scientists have yet to lay down a concrete cause or specific catalog of effects for this condition.  None the less, this physiological phenomena should be considered when examining events of a possible hag attack.

Unfortunately, science can neither confirm nor deny the existance of any type of psychic vampire, or if psychic vampirism is even possible.  And for us the answer may be out of reach,  at least until the scientific community’s current paradigm shifts in a more favorable direction.  There are researchers currently attempting to find a plausable explanation for psychic phenomena, including vampyrism.  However, until there is a breakthrough in favor of or against the exsistance of psychic vampires we will have to watch and wait for what may come from the corners of our rooms.

Hag Attacks and Psychic Vampires
Tagged on:

10 thoughts on “Hag Attacks and Psychic Vampires

• Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 8:43 pm

yeah i was wondering if there is anyway to stop it when it starts. im now 23 years of age and i’ve been being attacked since i was about 7 or 8.. i’ve tried everything sleeping with a cross, praying ,fighting it everything and nothing works.. its been happening so long before i lay down ill know weather if it will happen or not most of the time please if u can right back or give me a # to call.. i now live in TENN. is there is no help to seek around here on this matter no one belives it or me but the few thats been near what its happend to me . thank you for your time please get back at me.

Gregg Martinez JR

• Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 9:17 pm

Greg,
    If you could contact us directly via e mail (located in the “Who We Are” section) than we may be able to give you some solutions to your situation.
    Thank you.
    Chris

• Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 12:33 pm

Hi Gregg,

Never give up. There is always a way and something to learn from every experience.

Master your fear, master yourself. Remember you have the final say in what you choose to feel.
    In my experience, if the attack is fear based experiment with projecting love to neutralise it.

You can do it!

Regards,
    AS

• Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 7:03 pm

Hi Im Stacie,
    I am 29 yrs. old. I first experinced my hag attack when I was 23 or 24. I also felt everything that happened but I tried my hardest to scream but I could not seem to do anything but move my eyes. But I did not see a person in a black coat in the corner but then I did feel really heavy weight over me. It has not happened in years and I am real happy it has not!!!!!

• Friday, December 11, 2009 at 1:32 pm

just because your a vampire dont mean kill.theres other ways of getting blood i would never kill. wrong to kill.

• Sunday, June 20, 2010 at 8:05 pm

I just did some research on blood-vampires and stumbled upon the world of psychic vampires. Quite fascinating, but scientifically difficult to prove … as I found out.

I was wondering if anyone had any scientific insight on how a person is able to draw energy from another person. I drew a blank and had to debunk it, but I’m finding so many believers that I think I might have written my article in haste.

If anyone can help out it would be much appreciated, and for anyone interested the article is found here: http://alcwi.com/wordpress/psychic-vampires-the-cause-of-the-monday-blahs

Please note: I did not start out by trying to debunk psychic vampires, I just reached the end of the rope of what I could scientifically prove. In the past I have added more depth to articles I believed deserved it, and something inside tells me I have more to learn on this topic.

I’ll check back in here to see if anyone comes up with anything helpful. Thanks! :)

• Saturday, September 4, 2010 at 2:31 pm

I experienced this one time in the 5th grade – my brother had gone off to college and I spent the night in his room. I awoke with the weight on my chest,and pulled the covers from over my head and there IT was. It yelped out something unintelligable and brought down a sharp object towards me that it held over it’s head in one single stabbing motion. Unlike other hag attack victims I was able to recover my head and escape the paralysis quickly – recited the lord’s prayer until the smell and weight subsided. It never happened again – what I know wonder is what it said and why did it have the object aimed at my heart – ideas anyone? Needless to say I never slept in that room again but it still haunts me at 31.

• Tuesday, December 21, 2010 at 7:03 pm

I’ve never been one to believe in the paranormal. But i had an experience much like what was described to me as a ‘hag attack’ by a friend who i confided in. I figured it was a dream, but i had never had a dream like it before – nor have i ever experienced sleep paralysis to my recollection. I was disturbed from my sleep last month early in the morning. I can be a light sleeper if I feel that someone is trying to wake me or I notice that someone is nearby. I was asleep on my side facing my room, I opened my eyes and saw very clearly the silhouette of a man standing over me. I could not move and I felt like I was going into shock from fear. It was momentary, and then I awoke as if from a dream. I don’t remember feeling exhausted the next day. I am 25 years of age.

• Friday, December 31, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Jared, your account sounds genuine and frightening. Thanks for sharing your experience with us and if you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Have a great New Year.